A properly-insulated attic can SAVE YOU AN AVERAGE OF 15% OR MORE* ON YOUR HEATING BILLS.
Attic insulation is one of the most simple and cost-effective upgrades that Canadian property owners can make. In fact, the benefits are significant:
- Save an average of 15% and possibly more on your heating bills.
- You can save even more with homes built in Ontario before 2015.
- Adding attic insulation is like wrapping a blanket around your home — it helps stabilize temperatures throughout the house and provides added comfort.
- Attic insulation does not need any service, maintenance, or repairs.
Your insulation’s ability to resist the heat or chill transfer is measured by R-Value; the higher an insulation’s R-value, the better its ability to withstand temperature flow. Over the past several decades, the Ontario Building Code has continually increased R-Value requirements for attic insulation;
- In 1992, the recommended minimum value was around R-32;
- In 2018, that same value stands at R-50/60.
If your home is over 25 years old and the insulation in your attic has never been updated, it’s likely that your R-Value is way too low to be effective and your home may contain less than half of the recommended amount of insulation.Schedule a free in-home assessment to receive a report on how your home’s insulation ranks!