In all types of sales, from retail to door-to-door, there is a very fine line between a happy customer and an annoyed customer.
Walking into a store, you never know what you’re going to get: An overly pushy sales person? A clueless retail associate? Or an amazing customer service experience? It is all possible; which is why the very thought of door-to-door sales may make some homeowners feel uncomfortable.
Although Summitt Energy representatives follow the guidelines enforced by the Ontario Energy Board, here are some tips that all homeowners and customers should know when answering the door:
- You do not have to open the door if you feel uncomfortable doing so. The same tip applies to letting representatives into your home.
- Always ask for the salesperson’s name and ID number. Energy sales representatives will always carry an ID badge and it is important to note this information for future reference if you have any questions.
- You can always ask for the brochures and other materials to read over thoroughly if you are interested in any purchasing products/services.
- Make sure that you understand all parts of the contract before you sign. If you do not understand something, ask the sales representative or call into the customer service centre for further assistance.
- Keep the materials given to you, including the business card, for your personal records.
For more information, visit the Ontario Energy Board